<$BlogRSDUrl$>

15.4.04

we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable! 

(noticed on KellyJaneTorrance.com)

"Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn. To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein...

Like I said before, your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride."

—Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential

I am usually not much for posting rambling little thoughts (there are too many people, far better than I, who do that) - but this one might as well be mine. -- Turns out, however, that many people don't quite agree with what either Mr. Bourdain, Ms. Torrance, or I think. Keith Burgess-Jackson, J.D., Ph.D. for one, is a reasonable man who thinks otherwise. His blog on animal ethics deals with the subject. For a great, if - in my humble opinion: flawed - philosophical essay on the immorality of eating meat (beyond Peter Singer et al.) look here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Free Counter Listed on BlogShares