<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10.3.04

...it's a start 

A little late to jump on the train of blogging, is it not? Whimsy at 12:12pm, Wednesday February 2004 the cause; Sharing the odd mix of Politics & Art the goal.

What you can expect:

On Arts, in particular classical music, I get rid of my messianic zeal - which is why I have none left for Politics.

The idea that any one idea in politics is right absolutely and its opposite false entirely is absurd. Not that this means there can't be a better or worse way to go about things, but those can often be determined by close examination of the goals, facts and results of a given action. Needless to say, ideology is much more convenient. J.S. Bach is clearly better than R. Keiser - and if I should think that G.W. Bush was better than J. Kerry, at least I know that this isn't intrisically so. Bush could be better because he promised to bring fiscal conservatism and a humble foreign policy to Washington. Given the upcoming elections in which I shan't participate (as a German) I might want to look at the record and see how "W." has done so far. Perhaps it's necessary to give someone else a chance to break his promises?


Classical Music Reviews

I will rehash articles and reviews I wrote for Ionarts, the premier Washington Culture Blog devotedly run by Charles T. Downey.


Editorials

The occasional editorial may find its way here - most likely from the International Affairs Forum, the on-line journal of the Center for International Relations, a non-profit organization devoted to the dissemination of information on international affairs from the entire political spectrum in one convenient location.




This page is powered by Blogger. Free Counter Listed on BlogShares